Saturday, March 20, 2010

Davey Havok Threw Away His Makeup and Continues To Make Exquisite Music?!?!

So I have to say that I used to be a pretty big AFI fan. I remember when I first came into contact with their album's at a store, I couldn't bring myself to purchase only one. I ended up buying two albums at once. To this day, that is still a first for me.
Purchasing two albums from one artist at the same time? I enjoy a wide variety of music so this idea was new to me. If I had enough money for two albums, I'd buy a Tori Amos album and then use whatever else I had left for a Children of Bodom album.
Black Sails in the Sunset and The Art of Drowning were the albums I bought on a roadtrip to St. Louis when I was only 14. I appreciated their music taste, everything from the guitar chords to Davey Havok's emotional voice, the lyrics and the...uh...look of the band.

The first time I saw what the lead singer of AFI looked like was in their video, "Girl's Not Grey" and of course, the first thing that I noticed, was the extreme amount of makeup on this man's face. In the video he looks very similar to the picture above. Notice the eyeliner accentuating his eyes. If you think that's bad, you'd be shocked to see his glam phase he was into a couple years ago.

Anyways I posted this because I finally saw their music video for Beautiful Theives and Davey Havok is rendered as almost completely and entirely irrecognizable because you can see his handsome face...without an ounce of makeup on! I'm very pleased with his new look, he ditched the long locks as well and replaced it with a modernized pompadour which, in my opinion looks pretty sleek.

Check it out yourselves: Beautiful Thieves by AFI

No comments:

Post a Comment