Friday, March 19, 2010

Sobriety

I had to come to a conclusion today with myself.

Either I can continue down a path of destruction and discontentment or I can climb the mountain directly to the side of the morbid path that lies before me.

The task at hand may seem grueling and less desirable, but working for a paycheck is much better than winning the lottery to me. A band named Bright Eyes taught me that in their song, "The First Day of My Life." If you feel like you need some inspiration and possibly direction, I would recommend listening to that song.

The path of destruction. People in America go down this path, willingly or even by accident every day. Everyone has their own personal path in their lives that they will cross at some point that they will have to face. And mine is drugs.

Nothing too hardcore really, although I have been smoking pot almost every day for the past two years, and at the turn of the year I had my first molly. A couple months ago, I popped four of those bad boys and topped the night off with a blunt.

Well, not really a blunt but I do recall a joint being passed around at some point.

Yesterday I was watching Julie/Julia and it inspired me to write a blog again. I used to have a consistent one all throughout high school and I stopped writing it when I started smoking weed. (I understand weed has many different effects on people and unfortunately I don't believe that there has been any major benefits for myself. It has stopped my life, slowed it down so I could get a fat rip from the pungent greenery of kine bud while my friends, art and writing were put on hold.)

So the point of this blog I guess will be sobriety, mixed in with writing samples I might come up with.

I will go into details further.

Until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment