Friday, March 26, 2010

Muse

They are one of the biggest bands right now in America's mainstream media. (Interesting fact: Sinnce Blogspot won't let you view an image before submitting it for an upload, this is indeed a random image out of my massive muse picture folder on my macbook. Yes, that's right, I said MACBOOK.)

Unfortunately, their brilliant masterpieces were just recently acknowledged by the public due to their song, "Super Massive Black Hole" in Twilight. (Before that, their song "Take a Bow" was in Watchmen so some publicity was there as well.)

Well news for you America, they have been my number one favorite band for seven years! And let me tell you; Six years ago when they came to my hometown, my boyfriend at the time bought us tickets for 50 bucks total, there was a small venue and I was up at the front of the stage practically touching Matthew's converse shoes. They were considered underground back in those days. I had discovered them on my favorite channel at the time, Fuse. The first song to debut on the station was "Time Is Running Out." On the album, Absolution. I went on to purchasing their older album (although it was released AFTER absolution in America) Orgins of Symmetry.

At this point, I was seriously addicted. I found their old music from when they were the Rocket Baby Dolls, not Muse. I listened to Pink Ego Box and Ballooniac. I tried to find anything and everything related to Muse.

Fast forward to today, my favorite band of all time are one of the biggest names in rock. I'm so happy for them because they have worked so hard throughout the years, waiting for an achievement like this, it is just rather unfortunate that Stephanie Meyer had to be the one of throw some publicity their way by calling them, "Her favorite band of all time. Their music inspired a lot of scenes in this book." that's fine and dandy because I could picture their music as well, but her books didn't translate well to the bigscreen and in my opinion, an embarrassment to Muse.

Anyways, next month I'm going to get to see them, sure the tickets were 45 per person this time around, but any hardcore fan can tell you, "I buy the same expensive tickets as all of my friends to see this kickass band, but they don't know I've seen the same band, five years ago for half the price!"

Rock on, Muse Fans. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment